WAVE FREESTYLE / RACE HI PERFORMANCE
- All the power in the strut zone for more boost and control
- Extensive range from 2.8 up to 7.2
- Long handles to ease every maneuver
- 45° diamond canopy for longer durability
Dreams come true with the wind. Wing foiling has captivated us, and we are drawn towards the evolutionary challenges of flying over the ocean. This journey has now led us to develop an improved and completely redesigned wing. Power distribution sits at the heart of the development of our new Wind Wing. Our focus was on stability, we wanted the power concentrated in the center to reduce any unwanted pressure on the wing tips. The result is a powerful but perfectly controllable wing, with insane amounts of boost on tap when you need it.
The new Wind Wing is a premium piece of gear, intricately designed to take your riding one step further. The dual valve inflate / deflate system allows the leading edge and strut to be inflated separately. The strut can be inflated to +1 PSI higher than the leading edge, allowing for an even stiffer wing. Our revolutionary new diamond grid sees the overlapping of two layers of 2D ripstop oriented at 45° which creates a grid over the entire canopy, minimizing fabric stretch and ensuring the best performance over time. Finally, new longer handles are the perfect choice for all styles and levels of riding. We have developed an extensive range of sizes to suit the needs of every rider and all conditions, with wings available from 2.8m to 7.2m.
- Central power zone -> enhanced boost and control
- Arched leading edge design -> compact shape and performance
- An extensive range of sizes covering all needs from 2.8 up to 7.2
- Double inflating / deflating valve -> stiffer and quicker to deflate
- 45° diamond canopy -> reduces long term fabric stretch
- 3 long handles -> easier in maneuvers
- Wide Windows -> greater visibility
- New light safety leash with neoprene wrist band
- Delivered in a padded and functional back pack
- Central power zone: A thicker profile in the central area is the key driving factor in its design. All the power is directed on the strut handles and you won’t feel any instability coming from the tips. This feeling of balanced power will make you progress easier.
- Zeta strut shape: The central strut shape is designed to widen the distance between the strut and canopy. More leverage improves the overall performance of the wing.
- Arched leading edge: The leading edge is perfectly arched to the tips of the wing for an explosive response. The feeling is that of being pulled by lots of power once you exploit its full potential.
- Long handles: 3 semi rigid long handles positioned on the central strut for better and easier maneuverability. A unique and comfortable feel, the long handles are ideal to ease your learning process at all levels of riding.
- Double inflating / deflating system: You get a better and quicker system to inflate and deflate your wing. We have optimized the stiffness of the whole body by separating the leading edge and strut. The double valve inflating system allows to inflate at a different psi the leading edge and central strut to obtain an extraordinary feel once riding it.
- 45° diamond grid: The diamond grid is a structural reinforcement created by splitting each panel of the body of the wing with a diamond outline in order to prevent bias stretch and distortion of the 2d technoforce ripstop fabric. The diamond grid creates a real effective protection that minimizes fabric stretch ensuring the best performance over the time. This innovative technology avoids the loss of tension that typically occurs due to prolonged use keeping the best balance load of the wing. The diamond grid also creates higher strength and rigidity resulting in greater power combined with stability of the profile.
|248 cm||273 cm||290 cm||308 cm||326 cm||344 cm||365 cm||380 cm||385 cm|
|28 - 45||23 - 35||18 - 30||16 - 26||14 - 22||10 - 20||9 - 18||8 - 16||5 - 14|
I have recently purchased the 4.0 RRD Wind Wing y27 2022, and my first sessions have been awesome (wind range 18 -23 kt). When compared to the other brand that I have been using, the RRD Wind Wing has been very stable, powerful and has provided me with a much needed lift for completing my turns. The handles are comfortable with good spacing. I am very happy with my purchase of the 4.0 RRD Wind Wing y27 2022.